type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>

Monday, July 21, 2008

Funny Movie Lines and Trivia...

The other day I was thinking about how much I quote lines from movies, almost on a daily basis. It's like the foundation for my humor, and the person that gets most if not ALL of this humor is Joe, because, well, I've watched more movies with him than anyone else. So at times they turn into private jokes (the kids used to look at each other and shrug when they didn't understand what we were laughing about).


1. When do you two get involved, when there's gun play?





This is what Billy Crystal asks the marriage counselors, who are basically just sitting and listening to them argue in their counseling session. Runner-up: Even the dog committed suicide, he left a note that said, "I just can't take it anymore!" A quote from friend Andy: "Marriages don't work when one partner is happy and the other is miserable. Marriage is about both people being equally miserable."



2. As far as you know...



Fletch's famous line meant to be mistaken for "As far as I know..." Close runners-up: "Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo" and "Dr. Rosenrosen." (I could quote 20 from this movie alone!) Mick Jagger and Burt Reynolds were considered for the lead before Chevy Chase was chosen. (Yuck, can you imagine Mick Jagger??!!)




3. That was NOT a quality ham!





Stuart Saves His Family: Stuart's uncle yells this at his mom at their aunt's funeral during a huge family feud (TV version). Close runners-up: "I'm should'ing all over myself" and "Stuart, that's just stinkin' thinkin'!"







4. You are ONE pathetic LOSER!





Said by one loser to another (takes one to know one!) Runners-up: "Our pet's heads are falling OFF!" and "Want to hear the world's most annoying sound?" Incidentally I just read that this line wasn't in the script, witnessed by Jeff Daniel's surprised face.






5. I'm sure he had his reasons.





This is Chandler's nonchalant response to his wife in Caddy Shack II (TV version) when she tells him, "But that man tried to kill me!"









6. We're burning daylight!




John Wayne barks orders at his little cowboys to get them up early and herd cattle. This is a very good movie, if you haven't seen it. Runner-up: "We've been br-br-branding cattle all day!"








7. Lay off me, I'm STARVING!





Chris Farley plays one of the Gap girls in a skit on this DVD. While they are eating french fries, fellow gap gal David Spade politely reminds "her" she is on a diet, and this is Chris' response (think guttural growl.) Runners-up: "When you're living in a VAN down by the river!" and "You'll never amount to JACK-SQUAT!" (If you haven't seen Chris as a Chippendale dancer with Patrick Swasey, this is Must-SEE!)




8. Frank, why don't you let that cut under your nose heal.




(Okay so this isn't a movie, technically!) Trapper's famous sarcastic line to Frank Burns - another with too many to choose, and too many runners-up!









9. He doesn't live in a little place I like to call earth.




Peter talking about Harry to Mary Jane in the scene right after she leaves work as a waitress in Spider man (I forgot which one!!) 35 Spider-Man costumes were used during the filming. With a budget of $200,000,000, the movie shared the record for the most expensive US-movie ever made with Titanic (1997). The record was beaten by King Kong (2005)

2 comments:

tammy said...

Pat, you're good! This is funny. All day yesterday I kept saying in the joker's voice (I'm really good at sounding like him) "why so serious?" I'm freakin my girls out. I didn't mention that I had a butter knife to their mouth as I said it. It's so funny to me!

Patrish said...

Tam, you are a crack-up! And such a fun mom! Is that from the Bateman movie you just saw? haha I meant Batman!!

Delicate Arch

Delicate Arch
We all made it on this hike!

Slot canyons

Slot canyons
Riley is almost squished