Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Happy Birthday Rache!
RACHAEL! My long-lost BFF! How do words express the things that are in my heart? There are no words. And what do you get the person who has everything for her birthday? That's a tough one. So I thought I could wish you a happy birthday and pay tribute to all the dear memories we share. Hmm, can I put them in order of priority according to funnyness? Well the top ones would definitely be:
1. The DHS library - man that place was the BEST. So there we were, supposedly “working” to put the books on the shelves in order. When in reality, we were back there laughing so hard we couldn’t even lift ONE book, let alone a stack of books. Can I just rewind and relive those gut-busting belly laughs? Gosh I crave those. And the great thing was, they were always there - every day! And the more we laughed the more we couldn’t stop!
2. Third-year olds - if only we could sit in math class one more time w/Mr. Williams and wait for him to turn to the chalkboard so we could sneak out the window. If only we could hear him call our class a “bunch of third-year olds” again. I am laughing right now just thinking of it!
3. Your red truck - oh so many memories here! First off, how about the time you drove it right into a BUSH on Crestwood Road, because we were arguing over whose legs had the worst razor stubble? And to prove it you put your right leg over to show me and forgot you were driving so into the bush we went! Or the time we ran home from school to get the truck (it was so easy to hot wire) only to find your mom was home. Being out of breath we frantically told her we needed a ride back to school. “Why did you come home?” she asked. Oh the silly answer we gave her about rushing home only to need a ride back! It made no sense.
4. Arctic Circle french fries - need I say more? We couldn’t even get the words out at the counter to order because we were LAUGHING so dang hard.
5. Mervyn’s - buying shoes - same as above. People must’ve thought we were whacko.
6. Chemistry class - remember all those words we made up? We had our own language, i.e., SILIA. Maybe that was from biology. Anyway, I found out later people in our class thought we were DRUNK, can you believe it? We never even tasted the stuff!
7. The Little Red Wagon - a.k.a. REO Speedwagon, probably better known as the Little Red Wagon, yah, I’m sure of it actually. “Heard it from a friend, who, heard it from a friend, who, heard it from another you’ve been messing around....”
8. Your mom’s uncanny ability to find you - So we’re on a double date in a restaurant and YOUR MOTHER calls to check on you (of course this is before cell phones). It got to where wherever we’d be, and we’d hear a phone ring, we’d be like, “Oh there’s mom calling!”
9. No YOUR hair is cuter!! - the constant battle about who’s hair was cutest?? And we honestly wanted to trade! If I could’ve lifted your hair off your head and put it on mine, I would’ve done it! And you wanted the same thing!! (I died when the term “bad hair day” became a household term - I thought we were the only ones who ever went home during third period to wash and redo their hair!)
10. Beaker, the ski muppet - our ski buddy (hey, he’s been sad we haven’t been for awhile!) Wonder if that skiier from Colorado knows what he started?!!
I WANT those days back, just for a little while! And I want my friend back - I miss you. It is so dang hard wondering how you are and what’s going on. And at the same time feeling bad that I am not there for you in your trials. I confess I get frustrated trying to contact you and at times give up. Please know what’s in my heart and that I think of and pray for you often. I pray your health improves and we can get together more often. I know our girl get-away might be in the next life. It’ll be worth the wait (what’s your license plate frame? Always late but worth the wait??) I LOVE YOU! Please have the hap-hap-happiest birthday and know I am thinking of you :)
I’m not even going to try and list all the wonderful and nice things you’ve done for me; let’s just say you are truly an unselfish, giving individual who always wants to help others. You will be blessed for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Delicate Arch
We all made it on this hike!
Slot canyons
Riley is almost squished






6 comments:
Pat, This makes me cry. That song and I love the pics. You are such a good friend! and can I just say...Oh my hairness!
Tam, we love your hair, too! And all the fun pics of you, good times huh! K, it's time to get together again SOON!
OH MY GAWWWWSSSHHHH! Patrish, what can I say? NO WORDS. None. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I can't imagine the work this took, and you really made me SO HAPPY! Thanks SO much, my friend! I love you TOO & I really am missing girlfriend-times badly. Bud just watched it & we went through the pics one at a time & I FORGOT ABOUT THE BIKINI PICTURE!! Hahaha...the ONLY time I've ever worn a bikini, & my son sees the pic. I'm so dumb. So I told him how much I learned that day, & how I had to go home and CONFESS to my mother that night! Goodness. Such FUN TIMES, such LESSONS, such LAUGHTER....I just love that you did this for me. THANK YOU, MY PATRICIA LUTICIA!! XOXOXOXOXO Love, Rache
Okay Pat, I don't know if it's legal to leave a comment. I was on Tam's blog and noticed your name, so I clicked it! How fun it was to see you and Joe and your family! What a perfect time to have pushed the enter button because it THRILLED me when I saw your 'happy birthday Rache!' and all the pictures and memories. I laughed so dang hard checking out those pictures....the timeline being the same when I knew you both and pretended to like you two! I can hear both of you laughing so hard, which was so contagious to the rest of us!
I remember the time when Ann and I went with you two to the Salt Lake Airport for our Friday night excitement (before the security check- in gates were in full force)and we would stage our seeing each other for the first time in years scenes. People were staring: some happy for us and others not believing the uproar over a reunion. It didn't matter. We just thought we were so funny (which we definitely were) and laughed so hard.
You two still make me giggle when I think of the funny times and how I loved watching others watch you two, wondering if you two were for real. And yes, I remember the "go-to-the-show" expression. I love you two! Then how fun it was when I went to Dixie and you introduced me to Tam...while Joe was sweeping you off your feet...and she was just like you two...how did you manage to find another one of you! I love you three: Pat, Rache and Tam! Keep making everyone laugh and smile!
Love, Barb
BARB! Oh my heck! I'm so glad to hear from you! I couldn't see your email or how to get a hold of you, so I hope you get this comment. I need your email and blog address NOW. How is Paradise? Tam says your new home is beautiful (it's been several years I know). Plus, I lost all my physical addresses from my hard drive, so I can't even mail you anything. I loved those times so much, loved being your roomie, can we have those days back for just a little while?? You had such an awesome sense of humor, one that I am jealous of to this day :) I love that pic of you and Tammy holding a sign that says "Thanks for the film Pat!" So typical of all the crazy things we did. I miss you!
Love,
Pat
Pat-my email address is pbdanielson@digis.net I am not a blogger...it completely BLOWS my mind away that all you know how to do something so technical. I do my sort of blogging the email way. Cheesy, I know. But just so you realize how pathetic we are...we don't even know how to text and I'm not kidding! Can you tell my oldest is 11? Email to you soon!
Love, Barb
Post a Comment