

On the lift, getting ready

Lunch! A hamburger never tasted so good...

No Rus, you cannot ski past the "No Ski Zone"
Rus, Gar and I went skiing today at Brighton. It was a beautiful day! It was sunny and perfect for skiing, not too cold, but not too warm so the snow was still good. We went up on the highest lift, Great Western, whoa it was a little windy up there, and mostly expert skiiers since there are mostly black diamond runs at that point. No, I'm not an expert skiier, but Rus doesn't seem to be intimidated by black diamonds. He left us once to go do his own hills. The boys hadn't been to Brighton before, but it seems to be the new "favorite" (actually anywhere we ski they love). Gar biffed it a few times and had a sore neck. Rus fell and jammed his thumb, and twisted his wrist. He had to miss his piano lesson later that day. I didn't fall while skiing, but ironically almost fell or should I say twisted my legs off while I was stopped waiting next to Rus who was resting on the ground. I somehow started slipping as I was trying to avoid skiing over Rusty and my legs were twisting unnaturally as I started to fall down. I thought, wow, I've done it now! Snapped knee or a broken leg for sure. Actually it was not that big a deal but didn't feel too good there for a few minutes! We had lunch in one of the lodges. Being a Monday the resort wasn't too crowded, hardly any lift lines. Happy ski day!



No comments:
Post a Comment