




We spent this past weekend in the Cedar City area hunting. Now, I am not a hunter, and originally had decided that spending four days home alone was going to be awesome. But I only made it one day, and when Joe called and said Rusty had a buck and they were coming to Draper to get it to the game processor, I decided to go back down with them. I missed them too much! One day was nice, and then I started to get really bored. I didn't know what to do with myself. Rusty got his buck about 30 min. after the hunt officially started. Why wait?? We went to church in the Cedar 4th ward on Sunday. Then we were up at 5 am to hunt this morning. Joe got his buck about 8:30 am. We've never gotten two bucks in one hunting trip. So I'd say we're pretty successful....but wait! What am I going to do with almost 100 lbs. of deer meat?? I'm going to have to give some away, so anyone craving venison, please let me know! VENISON ANYONE???



5 comments:
Pat, they don't look dead. As you can see, we are not hunters. That is cool that they both caught a deer. I've never had vinison, but I hear that jerkey is the way to go. 100 lbs of it might be a tich much! You better buy another freezer sister!
Why, yes they are so tame! Can you believe they just let us sit there and hold their antlers??
Well, I would take some but Jon went hunting down by Cedar City this last weekend to his "secret spot" (maybe not so secret), and he shot his biggest buck on the first morning, and then helped his buddy get his buck that evening. Oh and did I mention that we have a little venison from last year, lots of elk meat, and he still has his elk and antelope hunts left. So my garage freezer is full of 100% organic meat! Sounds like you had fun!
Pat- Kip and I live in Cedar! You guys should have come and stayed with us! We have a guest bedroom that would have been perfect! Anyways I hope you guys had fun on the hunt! I can't believe Char and I are about a week a part! I can't wait to see her with a little baby bump, she is going to look so cute! Well hope all is going well with you guys! Erica
Post a Comment