

They thought this day would never come! But it finally arrived. All the planning, details and hard work were over and now our job was to enjoy the day. I'm so grateful that Char and Adam were married in the temple. The ceremony was wonderful; I truly felt touched by the Spirit and I'm sure many others also felt its warmth as there was hardly a dry eye in the entire room.
After the ceremony, Char changed into her wedding dress, fussed over her hair, wiped her smudged mascara off, and reaapplied her make-up. As much as I tried, I wasn't much help, so I mostly just stood and admired my beautiful daughter and tried to fully comprehend that she was getting MARRIED!! I got to walk behind her and keep her dress from dragging on the frozen ground (did I mention it was 18 degrees....burrrrr). I don't know how she stayed outside for so many pictures. It was so cold I wanted to cry (witness my purplish lips in all the photos). Incidentally I noticed all of the brides that day had SHORT sleeves...what's up with that? She was a trooper though and made it through a pretty long photo shoot.
The wedding luncheon was at the JSMB, hosted by Adam's wonderful family. Did I mention how much we love our new son-in-law? He is truly a blessing to our family. After a chicken fettucini dinner and chocolate cake, we had a family program. The father of the bride and the father of the groom each shared humorous stories. Adam and Char both shared with us their versions of how they met. Adam insists that Char stole him from her best girlfriend. Char has a slightly different version!
The reception at the Old Meeting House was full of atmosphere, being decorated for Christmas. It's old style warmth and charm were the perfect setting for Char's bridals, her temple quilt, and engagement photos. It was so nice to have a hostess be in charge of everything. She had to pin my corsage on, and tell us where to stand in the line (we had it all backwards, and had even started greeting people). The chocolate fountain was a hit with the kids, even the big kids (Riley had to have one for Christmas after that).
I truly am amazed at how I felt the Spirit ALL day long. It was a beautiful and perfect day. I'm truly grateful for an amazing family!



1 comment:
They are such a beautiful couple... I love your blog :)
Post a Comment